If you've heard of the Hyundai IONIQ 5 already, then you know it's already been a huge hit here in Ireland, and across the globe. It was recently the best selling electric car in Ireland and German car of the year.
The all-electric crossover Hyundai IONIQ 5 was named overall World Car of the Year, World Electric Vehicle of the Year, and World Car Design of the Year at the renowned 2022 World Car Awards today. World Car Awards revealed the results at a ceremony held at the New York International Auto Show (NYIAS). The winners of the World Car Awards were announced at an event held during the New York International Auto Show (NYIAS). A jury of 102 automotive journalists from 33 countries around the world selected IONIQ 5.
“We are truly honoured to receive these prestigious awards, which recognize the talent and hard work of all our people and business partners at Hyundai Motor Company. Our vision is to enable Progress for Humanity, and this endorsement of our approach will serve to embolden our commitment to make this vision a reality,” said Jaehoon Chang, President and CEO of Hyundai Motor Company.
Chang added, “IONIQ 5 represents a pivotal achievement for us as we pioneer a new generation of smart mobility solutions with our innovative E-GMP platform technologies, exceptional performance and disruptive approach to design and space. IONIQ 5 has made a strong impression on increasingly eco-conscious consumers around the world, and its success supports the acceleration of electrification of the automotive industry. The pace of change at Hyundai will continue unabated through the rest of 2022 as we will soon be adding to our award-winning IONIQ range.”
• All-electric IONIQ 5 honoured by World Car Awards at New York International Auto Show in all three categories in which it was nominated
• The innovative crossover is the first of a new era of Hyundai EVs, based on a dedicated and advanced E-GMP all-electric platform
• IONIQ 5 heralds a new era in Hyundai design with ‘Parametric Dynamics’ and luxurious ‘Living Space’ theme
• Since its launch in 2021, IONIQ 5 has won numerous accolades, including German Car of the Year, UK Car of the Year, Auto Express’ Car of the Year and Auto Bild’s Electric Car of the Year
• As a smart mobility solutions provider, Hyundai Motor plans to introduce 17 battery, electric vehicle models, by 2030, including Genesis luxury brand models
As Hyundai Motor transforms into a smart mobility solutions provider, the company is accelerating its electrification strategy to become the world’s leading EV maker. Hyundai plans to introduce 17 new BEV models by 2030, including Genesis luxury-brand models and aims to boost annual global BEV sales to 1.87 million units by 2030.
Have a question or want to book a test drive in the Hyundai IONIQ 5? Contact Our Team today who are on hand for all your motoring needs.